Studley is a Tiger Oscar Fish who lives on Pioneer Rd. in Rexburg, Idaho. He is actually my pet. You see, the day I got him I thought… oh what an adorable little fish. At the time I had no idea he would grow to be about 19 inches long and live for years. My sweet husband decided to tell me this as we were driving home from the pet store. I was not planning on keeping the fish forever, I just wanted a fish for a year or so. Now, I have grown to seriously love Studley. He is getting so big. He has already grown 2 or 3 inches in the last two months. Studley is the closest species of fish related to the parana. He has little teeth and eats little fish or frogs, but… not in my house! I don’t have the heart to put a little baby frog into the tank and watching him eat it. We just feed him little pellets. I think the average fish would eat around 4 or 5, but Studley eats about 15-20 every few hours. He has a memory relapse time of 13 seconds and really enjoys swimming around his tank and scaring his pet Placostumas (sucker fish).
Friday, October 23, 2009
studley.
Studley is a Tiger Oscar Fish who lives on Pioneer Rd. in Rexburg, Idaho. He is actually my pet. You see, the day I got him I thought… oh what an adorable little fish. At the time I had no idea he would grow to be about 19 inches long and live for years. My sweet husband decided to tell me this as we were driving home from the pet store. I was not planning on keeping the fish forever, I just wanted a fish for a year or so. Now, I have grown to seriously love Studley. He is getting so big. He has already grown 2 or 3 inches in the last two months. Studley is the closest species of fish related to the parana. He has little teeth and eats little fish or frogs, but… not in my house! I don’t have the heart to put a little baby frog into the tank and watching him eat it. We just feed him little pellets. I think the average fish would eat around 4 or 5, but Studley eats about 15-20 every few hours. He has a memory relapse time of 13 seconds and really enjoys swimming around his tank and scaring his pet Placostumas (sucker fish).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment