
This is totally gross, but I was trying of think of something new and interesting to blog about. I was looking through my pictures and decided to tell you all about my horrible experiences with donating plasma. We don't like the plasma center. It is the creepiest place in Rexburg. I decided to go because it seemed like an easy way to make thirty dollar and we are trying to save some money to go to Portugal. So, I got all my forms together and drove, nervously, to the plasma center. The first time I went to the plasma center my experience was far less than enjoyable. This is because this phlebotomist stuck me the wrong way and ended up scratching my vein. The needle was huge and I was terrified. I could feel it inside me the entire time. I have blood tests done before, but usually after the first five minutes you can't really feel the needle. I thought I was just being a baby about the pain, since everyone else in the room seemed to be just fine laying on their reclined chairs and watching some movie, while their blood was getting sucked out of them! Well, when it was time for the blood to cycle back in me, without it's plasma, It started hurting really bad. I was a little worried, but decided to just not look at it and tough it out. I gritted my teeth and tried to focus on something else.Well, after the tears started flowing, I decided to just look at arm to be sure the pain was normal. NOPE! It wasn't normal. The blood was piling up between my vein and my skin. There was a huge tumor-like bump on my arm. The blood wasn't going back in my vein. Why? Because the dumb phlebotomist scratched my vein. Only a few hours after the terrifying incident, I bruised. I had a bruise for weeks. I attached a picture of the bruise 10 days after I donated. The second time I went in was also horrible. I fainted after 15 minutes. It was super embarrassing. So, I AM NEVER GOING BACK. I don't care how poor I am or how bad I want to go to Portugal. Nope. Not going. This all sounds super dramatic, but it was definitely a traumatic experience for me.
I remember Rob going and donating plasma when we were newlyweds! So sorry you got someone to stick you that obviously had no business working there!
ReplyDeletegood thing I'm eating dinner while web surfing and the site of your bruise has made me stop eating!! thanks for that Court!! haha jk! cute blog!
ReplyDeleteOUCH!?! I am SO sorry....it seems horrible!
ReplyDelete