Friday, October 1, 2010

captured by lewis


I am completely in love with these two little orange and red books. C.S. Lewis is wonderful!! I am taking a class all about C.S. Lewis. This semester I am anti-homework/studying. That is absolutely not normal for me. Normally I love school and studying, but this semester I just don't. It's horrible. However, I love reading for my C.S. Lewis class. Anyone who has not read these two books... must! If you only read one, read Screwtape Letters. It's only 200 pages and a super simple read. I don't think i love this book just because I am an english major. I think anyone, especially anyone who is religious, who sits down and reads a C.S. Lewis book will enjoy it. They are so good!! 
Captivating, motivating, middle boggling, and thought provoking all at the same time!

 
"Every faculty you have, your power of thinking or of moving your limbs from moment to moment, is given you by God. If you devoted every moment of your whole life exclusively to His service you could not give Him anything that was not in a sense His own already. 
... When a man has made these two discoveries God can really get to work. It is after this that real life begins. That man is awake now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment