So, since we moved recently.. We went to a new ward yesterday. Let's just say that sacrament meeting was interesting, awkward and hilarious all at the same time. Since I changed my minor to child studies, I have been extensor interested in different children guidance techniques and been very observant, noticing the things that work and the things that really don't. Well.. Normally I think children are so adorable in sacrament meeting, but... Let me tell you about the meeting. Everything was so so awkward. I just had to put my head down to keep from laughing or crying, I'm not sure which.
Well, there was a two or three year old boy who decided to wander around the room and after the first 20 minutes of the meeting, he made it onto the stand and didn't get off until after sacrament was over. He did a variety if things, walking from chair to chair in the back, running, lifting and closing the lid of the piano, playing the organ, and talking to the people waiting to speak. It wad so distracting. At first it was funny... Then the mom doing nothing except sitting in her seat waiving a dumdum sucker in the air as a bribe started to make it more and more awkward. The little boy thought he was so funny.
Then, it was time for the musical number. The girl singing the solo stood on the stand and said, "I want you to think if baby Jesus and Mary while I sing this." age started singing and a lady walked up with her baby boy. It was arranged by the soloist for this mom and her new baby to stand up there while the song was sang. I don't even know what the mom did during the entire song because I just had to put my head down.
The final speaker had absolutely no time to speak because his wife ended up speaking for a way long time. Her talk was good, but her husband really only having time robbers his testimony just added a little bit more awkward to the pile. Oh man...
And. . That will be our last and only impression of that ward because we just had one week in the married ward, now back to the singles ward till we move, brend gets released, or I have a baby... We will see. Ha :)
are you serious!! haha this would make me laugh SO hard!!! slash cry if I was the mother of the wild child. and are you hinting at something there at the end? is there a little Haueter on the the way?
ReplyDeleteHa. I would love it if I was, but.. Nope. No little haueter on the way for awhile.
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahaha oh my gosh I am laughing out loud! I cant handle it! that is hilarious!!
ReplyDelete