When I was in fifth grade, we moved out of my very first home... 12363 Grenville Avenue. I have so many amazing memories there. I loved playing in the backyard with my siblings. Chelsey, Kacie and I would play house. We even had a huge play house in the backyard that I think my dad built. It was a simple square, one room house, but it was so realistic. The house had a real roof a real door and real windows! We loved playing in there.
At one point, Chelsey, Kacie, and I all shared a room. You would think three sisters wouldn't be too fond of the idea, but we loved it! We had a bunk bed/trundle bed. The bed looked like a big tent-type thing. I can't really describe it perfectly, but the whole bed turned into a fun toy to climb on a play with. The room was painted "sky blue" and we had a mickey mouse border around the center of the room! We love Disney in my fam. :)
I have tons of good memories in that adorable little room. I loved playing in there. Chelsey and I used to like to help Kacie get ready for bed by helping her pick her pajamas, brush her teeth, and read her a few stories till she fell asleep. :) Kacie was adorable.
I wish I could describe these memories a little better. The house really was amazing and the memories my family and I have made there are priceless. I absolutely love my life right now, but occasionally I wish I was a little girl again... when life was all about playing and using my imagination... instead of all this "grown up" stuff.


i second everrrrry single thing you said! we had such an amazing and fun childhood :)
ReplyDeleteThat playhouse was so much fun! Dad and I designed it to be big enough so we could come in and play (and be able to stand up) with you guys. Then, you found a hornet's nest.....and no one wanted to go back inside! So much fun!
ReplyDeletehahah yeah, that bloody hornets nest. we attempted to remove it several times.
ReplyDeleteso freaky... hornets are scary! aren't they the ones that never die, no matter how many times they sting. uck!
ReplyDeleteI loved coming over to that house too! Loved growing up with you guys!
ReplyDeleteI liked hanging from the rafters :) I also loved the fort for the big kids. Fun childhood and amazing parents!
ReplyDelete