Tuesday, March 15, 2011

15 Weeks

Went to the doctor again today. I love listening to our little babies heart beat! It is so crazy that there is a tiny little human, the size of an orange in my growing tummy. 

At our next appointment we get to find out the gender! Boy or Girl? We'll see... That will be so fun and exciting... 4 1/2 more weeks though. I'll keep you posted. For now... here is a belly picture. I haven't been too good at taking those. This is my first one, :/ Everyone keeps telling me I will regret it if I don't take any...

Apparently at my next appointment I have the option of taking a "quad-test"... I wasn't too sure what that was, but the doctor was saying that it is just a test that checks if my baby is at higher risk for abnormalities?? Then, if I am at high risk they would do some further testing. 



I guess my question to all of my friends and family that have already have children or might just know more about this, what do you think? Is that something that I should do? What is really the point in knowing before hand? I guess if I knew that my baby was going to have an abnormality than I could prepare and study how to be the best mother for our baby... 

I am just in a quandary. What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love your little tummy picture! You look so pretty and you have a human being inside of you! It's still so crazy to me. I'm so happy for you Court!
    As for the test I have no expert opinion but I think I would get the test. Because I think you would worry more if you didn't have the test. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats court! I'm so happy for you! I would look into the information about test a little more. I don't remember enough about it, but if I do remember right, I remember thinking that my doctor said if you take it you could find out if your baby is at high risk for abnormalities but that taking the test has the potential to cause complications in your pregnancy as well. I'm not positive though, so ask your doctor if there are any risks associated with taking the test. I just remembered I decided I didn't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I have learned about the tests it only gives you percentage of the likelihood of abnormalities. I would rather not hear that my baby has a 40 percent chance of being born with special needs and spending the rest of my pregnancy freaking out about it. I think being prepared is good but all the reading in the world will not completely prepare you for a normal baby let alone a baby with special needs. Either way you will love your baby so why have the pressure or extra worry. Those are my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I can't wait for you to find out what you are having! I say, don't take the test. Then you spend the rest of the pregnancy worrying, when in reality there may be nothing to worry about. You are keeping that sweetheart either way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so very excited for you guys! I am thinking you will have a boy, but who knows! =) Also, I went ahead and did the test, I felt like I wanted to be prepared if there was something wrong with the baby, but its totally up to you. I think I will do it for future pregnancies too.

    ReplyDelete