Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Substantial Reading

Next semester, my last semester ever, I am taking two kind of tough, upper level writing classes. When I have to write a lot.. I try to read a lot as well.

I feel like when I read well-written books, my own writing improves. So.. I am open for some new suggestions. I haven't read very many good books lately and I want to!!

What are some of your favorite books? To give you an idea of what I'm into.. I really enjoy..
Historical Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction, but.. I'm open for other ideas. :)

5 comments:

  1. READ SONG OF MYSELF BY WALT WHITMAN!!!!!
    or his entire collection, Leaves of Grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing suggestion kac. Love all of that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Bone City series and the Hunger Games, plus, my favorite series ever is the Green Rider series, and of course, I love anything by Richard Paul Evans. I just bought The Walk, and I'm super excited to read it. I love all his stuff though, feel good books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You very much need to read Book Thief if you haven't. It's beautiful.
    Also I'm sure you already have but I just read To Kill a Mockingbird and loved it (i read it in highschool when I couldn't grasp goodness)
    I'm working on Les Miserables the unabridged version. It's monstrous but lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are going to graduate next semester!!!! SO jealous. And then you're going to have a lovely little human. Even more jealous. At least it will give me a reason to use my discount to buy baby clothes!!!! Yay.

    So I don't think it's that challenging or anything but the Maze Runner was soooo good. Crazy but good. And if you haven't read The Help, you should. It's great. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete