Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a miracle!

For the last three weeks, Caden has seriously struggled with sleeping. I know what you are thinking, "haha.. welcome to motherhood." or possibly, "that's what happens when you have a baby!" But when I say struggle with sleeping I mean REALLY... he would sleep for 40 minutes, then start squirming like crazy. All the squirming would leave him on his tummy trying to inch worm crawl all around his crib. We have tried everything! He doesn't really sleep anywhere... not in our bed, not in his swing, either of his 2 vibrating chairs, not in his bassinet or in his crib! All he wants to do, even in his sleep, is roll over onto his tummy and figure out this crawling thing! He gets frustrated. Which then leads to grumpy and sad. 


By the way... I hope this isn't a sign for what is to come in our future. I don't want to be kept up all night while my little over achiever is up practicing his tuba till he gets it. 
I get it. I know that being a new mom= no sleep, but... all I'm asking for is 2 hours at a time, at least. He naps pretty good during the day.. or when I am out on errands and he is stuck in his car seat. 

Last night after his bath and putting on his pajamas... I had a grand idea. I know.. I know.. this idea is going to create bad habits for later and I am positive I will regret it, but after 3 weeks of not getting more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time... I do not care! 

I decided to put my little bundle of joy in his car seat for bedtime and it worked! It was amazing!! He slept for 4 whole hours before needing his nighttime feed. It felt so so good to get a four hour chunk of uninterrupted sleep in. :) :) 

Thank you thank you car seat! I love you! Oh yeah.. and thank you little Caden for sleeping. :) 

1 comment:

  1. you gotta do what you gotta do. Aiden slept in his car seat for awhile too. Don't worry, you're a great mom. Hope you start getting more sleep!

    ReplyDelete