Monday, May 16, 2011

BYU-Idaho Terrific Tigers Toddler Lab

This semester I am working in the the Toddler Lab on campus. For those of you who don't go to school here, It basically means that I am teaching a little "pre-pre school" class of 11 tiny, rambunctious, and adorable 2 year olds. Some days it is completely exhausting, but most days it is so fun. I am so excited to watch how much these little ones grow and learn in the next few weeks. I am already learning so much from them. 
Here is a picture of one of the walls in our classroom, we are the "Terrific Tigers" 

and a picture of me in my cute little "BYUI Toddler lab apron" that I wear over my big belly during class everyday. ha... it's rather comical-- you should come see!

Recently, I have been reading a lot of talks and scriptures about learning from children. We can learn so much from their perfect little spirits. Jean A Stevens, in this last conference, said the following about children, 

"They are full of faith and receptive to the feelings of the Spirit. They exemplify humility, obedience, and love. They are often the first to love and the first to forgive."  

I love children! I am so excited to learn from these 11 little kidlets this semester and then.. from my own child in a couple months after that. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I did not know this! This is so fun of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that talk by Sis. Stevens from our last conference. It's so true--kids are so cute and can teach us so much. I'm glad you're taking this class, too. You have so much to give to them! Have fun...

    ReplyDelete