Thursday, May 19, 2011

seriously, twilight?!

For those of you who don't know... I am an English Major. Which means, naturally I have been taught to hate this series. Right?! Well, not hate.. but definitely to consider it "useless." We aren't supposed to read this book... or at least not admit to reading it. Well... I was looking at my syllabus for my English 495 and guess what book was listed on there.. yep! Twilight! Haha.. I have to read this book for a class... Wish me luck. Maybe I'll like it, but... don't count on me admitting that. I'll try to turn off my english major brain... and maybe just read it like I am 12 years old and boy crazy... then do you think i'll like it? Any tips!?

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this cracks me up. I will admit that I read these books and was entertained in a very shallow and mindless way. But then wanted to slit my wrists whenever it was talked about "intellectualy." So just be mindless.
    Although I have no idea why a teacher would assign this if she wants you to actually use your brain.
    It's probably some lesson on being a stay at home mormon mom author. Which I think is stupid, we can do better mormon mom writers. We can do better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are reading it to talk about the parts that make it immoral? Like.. He wants to have a debate on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you do end up liking it, please don't tell me. i'll think less of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps, CUTE BACKGROUND! this thing shows me as "about me" but it's chels. ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read any of the books, but as you guys remember, you dragged me to the first movie--not a fan! It will be fun to compare this type of literature to actual literature. And BTW, so what if the author's LDS? So were Donnie and Marie...enough said!

    ReplyDelete