sunshine and birthday cake
I am a little late, but Brenden is now 25 years old! Happy Birthday Brenden! His birthday was on June 20th and Father's Day was on June 19th. So, we just had two straight days of fun and celebration. On Father's Day we spent the day, like we do most Sundays, with our BBQ, the Jeep, and the great outdoors. We had a tasty steak, mushrooms, and mashed potato dinner. Then we left for the Ashton, ID area to explore Cave Falls.
The Cave Falls are gorgeous. It was so nice to feel the sunshine and listen to the running water. I would love to go back again and bring a picnic next time. On the way home we stopped by Horseshoe Lake, which was also very pretty. Our poor car was pretty muddy after that lake stop.
We ended the day with Texas Sheet Cake and a glass of milk. I completely forgot about how amazing and delicious that simple chocolate cake can be. Yum. This time I used the Our Best Bites recipe, and like all of their recipes, I was not disappointed.
On Brenden's birthday we went fishing on Ririe Reservoir. It was another gorgeous day and very fun to soak in the sun while Brenden and Bishop Thompson fished together. Then, we went to an Idaho Falls Chukar's game. I decided a few things: baseball games are very long and everyone has gotta love a good 'ol $5 hot dog at a baseball game! We are so thankful for the sunshine Rexburg has been giving us lately. It has made our days off much more fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment